Tuesday, March 31, 2009

hi everyone! i have started this blog to keep you all updated on my progress. as of today, tues. march 31, i have had my mammogram, ultrasound, biopsay, confirmation of cancer, an MRI, meeting with a surgeon- dr. hagan- meeting with my oncologist- dr. abubakr- a PET scan, and tomorrow i go to get my port-cath inserted. this is what will be used to give me my chemo treatments. i will most likely start chemo next week. i will go every 3 weeks for a course and have a total of 6 courses. after that i have my surgery. the chemo should shrink the tumor enough that dr hagan will be able to preserve most of my breast. about a month after surgery i will have 5-6 weeks of daily radiation. this has been a lot to absorb in the last 10 days and i thank all of you for your prayers. love jennifer

6 comments:

  1. HI Jennifer

    Great idea to make a blog to keep everyone updated. I will check it often. We are praying for you. Let me know when you need me to come over. Rachel and I can help you homeschool, clean the house, cook, grocery shop.. whatever you need! Put us to work!!! Love ya!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, You know how much we love you. God will be with us through this. Is:41:10 Psalm 46 We thank God for so many loving friends & family that will take this journey with you.
    We love you,
    Mom & Rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Please let us know if you need ANYTHING! We are praying for you daily. You are often on my mind. Love to you, Sid, Elizabeth & Hopey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer, We are praying for you, Sid, and the girls daily. You're also on my Bible Study prayer list and we have some Awesome Warriors! Love you bunches. Linda and Colley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,

    I just want you to know that I am praying for you! I also want to offer any homeschooling help that I can right now. I am happy to take Elisabeth for any time that you need me to. She and Savannah would have fun together...learning and playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I was with Joanne this weekend and she told me the news- I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you, your husband, babies and family (especially your mama!) daily.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete